UUM Press publishes original works in Malay and English as well as works that are translated into Malay. Priority is given to works in fields related to the academic focus of UUM. However, suitable general titles with market potential and potential for knowledge dissemination are also encouraged.
To produce works that are clear, accurate and easily understood, authors are not encouraged to write in a language that they have not properly mastered. Publishing proposals are considered by the University Publication Committee which is chaired by the Vice Chancellor. Manuscripts submitted for consideration should be accompanied by an Author Information Form (according to type of publication) and Dean Recommendation Form.
The manuscripts should be original works that have not been previously published and are not being considered by other publishers. Authors are also reminded that the UUM Professional and Advanced Centre for Education (PACE) considers the publication of any module that has been commercialised for its off-campus studies without permission as a violation of its copyright. Each manuscript submitted to UUM Press should be prepared according to the format stipulated in the Guide on Manuscript Preparation. The University Publication Committee will not consider manuscripts that do not conform to this format.
The sets of forms in this guide are merely samples. Authors may download the forms from the website at http://uumpress.uum.edu.my and submit them together with the printed copy of the manuscript.
- Guidelines on the Publication of Monographs
- Guidelines on the Publication of Edited Works
- Guidelines on Reusing Own Writings That Have Been Published to Produce New Works
- Book Publishing Approval Flow Chart
- Journal Publishing Approval Flow Chart
- Marketing of Books
- Guide to Preparing Manuscripts of an Academic and General Books/Monographs/Edited Works
- Guide to Writing Articles for University Journals
- American Psychological Association (APA) Style Guide
- Guide on Index Preparation
- Copyright Act, 1989
- Printing Presses and Publications Act, 1984
- Sedition Act, 1948
- Defamation Act, 1957
- Contracts Act, 1950
- Internal Security Act, 1960
- Official Secrets Act, 1972
|Download||Academic & General Book Publishing Proposal|
|Download||Edited Works Publishing Proposal|
Monograph Publishing Proposal
Meet Our Acquisitions Editors
Journal Managing Editors
* Replace [at] to [@] , [dot] to [.]